Instructions to apply
OCEVU International doctoral grants
The OCEVU Labex is offering three 3-year doctoral grants in 2016. The successful applicants will receive a net monthly salary ranging from 1370 to 1575 €. Medical coverage and benefits are included. The position comes with a specific yearly operating budget of 2000 € as well. Appointments can be made as early as October 2016 and no later than January 2017.
The list of thesis subjects can be found here.
The PhD positions are open to students from all countries. Applicants must have (or be about to obtain) a degree equivalent to the French Master2 Diploma (e.g., a Master of Science degree including a Master Thesis) in Physics, Astrophysics, or Cosmology. The candidate should be proficient in English. Knowledge of French is not required; however, when applicable, the selected candidate will be expected to follow basic French training during the course of his/her appointment.
The deadline for application submission is Mar 31st, 2016. A complete application must include:
- A complete application form. The PhD ID code of the thesis (PhD13 thru PhD15) that you are applying for must be indicated in the application. The application form can be downloaded here
- A cover letter detailing the candidate's interest and qualifications for the thesis project
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation (Head of your Master program, supervisor of your Master thesis or equivalent), emailed directly to the address specified below
- Copies of all academic degrees
- An official transcript of all courses, grades and ranking for all the courses taken at the university or college level
Note: All documents and correspondence can be written either in French or in English. All documents should preferably be sent as pdf files.
All documents must be emailed to: email@example.com
with the email subject: PhD-Application-<PhD ID code>-<your name>.
The two letters of recommendation must be emailed directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with the email subject: PhD-Letter-<PhD ID code>-<your name>.
Candidates are encouraged to contact the supervisors of the thesis which they wish to apply for.
Every complete application will be evaluated on the basis of the applicant’s record, recommendation letters and scientific interests. The evaluation will be assigned to a Selection Committee (composed of scientists from the participating institutes). It is a multi-step procedure:
- The Selection Committee will draw up a short list
- Applicants on the short list will be invited to an interview (physically or via video-conferencing) that will take place starting mid-April 2016
- On the basis of the Selection Committee’s recommendations, a final decision will be made by the OCEVU Executive Committee
- Notifications will be sent to all candidates by the end of May 2016