Instructions to apply
OCEVU Labex International Postoctoral Grants
The OCEVU Labex is offering 3 postdoctoral positions in 2014. The positions are for up to three years, to be renewed each year upon mutual satisfaction. For scientists having his/her PhD for:
- less than 3 years, the net monthly salary ranges from 1960 to 2250 €
- more than 3 years, the net monthly salary ranges from 2290 to 2640 €
Medical coverage and benefits are included. The position comes with a specific yearly operating budget of 2000 € as well. Appointments can be made as early as Spring 2014 and no later than March 1st, 2015.
The list of postdoc projects can be found here.
The postdoc positions are open to creative young scientists from all countries. Applicants must have a PhD degree in Physics, Astrophysics, or Cosmology. Candidates who are preparing their doctoral thesis are eligible to apply; however they must have obtained their PhD degree before taking up their appointment. The candidate should be proficient in English. Knowledge of French is not required; however, when applicable, the selected candidate will be expected to follow basic French training during the course of his/her appointment.
The deadline for application submission ranges betwen January 15 and May 31, 2014, depending upon the project (see table here). A complete application must include:
- A complete application form. The ID code of the project (P06 thru P08) that you are applying for must be indicated in the application. The application form can be downloaded here
- A cover letter detailing the candidate's interest and qualifications for the project
- A detailed curriculum vitae including a list of publications
- A statement of research interests
- Three letters of recommendation, emailed directly to the address specified below
Note: All documents and correspondence can be written either in French or in English. All documents should preferably be sent as pdf files
All documents must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with the email subject: Postdoc-Application-<Postdoc ID code>-<your name>.
The three letters of recommendation must be emailed directly to: email@example.com
with the email subject: Postdoc-Letter-<Postdoc ID code>-<your name>.
Candidates are encouraged to contact the leaders of the postdoc project which they wish to apply for.
Every complete application will be evaluated on the basis of the applicant’s record, recommendation letters and scientific interests. The evaluation will be assigned to a Selection Committee (composed of scientists from the participating institutes). It is a multi-step procedure:
- The Selection Committee will draw up a short list
- Applicants on the short list will be invited to an interview (physically or via video-conferencing) that will take place within a month following the application closing date
- On the basis of the Selection Committee’s recommendations, a final decision will be made by the OCEVU Executive Committee
- Notifications will be sent to all candidates no later than two months after the application closing date